Do not have to worry too much
From the birth of the notebook computer that day, the debate on the battery has never stopped, because of persistent use of notebook computers is a very important technical indicators, and the decision of the battery capacity of notebook computers this important indicator. In the end how can we maximize the use of a battery of the effect of extending the life of the battery? » Below, we will list several people we often vulnerable to the error: (without a note for now are the most commonly used lithium-ion battery)
First, the first time the use of batteries, need to charge the three previous 12 hours »
This is totally not necessary. Because the notebook computers have improved power management circuits and charge management system, when the batteries reach saturation point, control circuit will automatically switch to the open circuit status, as long as it is on the line, the charge is not to say that the more time you can use the more long - The.
Second, in order to prevent the memory effect, only to run out, charging it »
Every time before recharging the battery discharge is not necessary and is harmful. Practice has proved that because of: the depth of the battery will discharge unnecessary to shorten battery life, propose that when the battery about 10 percent when used on a charge. Of course, when the batteries are still more than 30 percent of the electricity or at best not to charge, because the memory effect really exists.
3, insert AC, to the battery had to in order to prevent repeated charge and discharge it »
I will give you the proposal is: no! Of course, you can take the natural lithium-ion battery discharge to refute me, saying that the battery discharge naturally, if there is access to power will appear repeatedly charge and discharge the situation and reduce battery life. I give you "no" answer to the following reasons:
1. Notebooks now have the power control circuit design of this: When the battery is 90% (such as HP's most models) or 95 percent will be charged, and to achieve this through natural discharge capacity of the time for a thoughtful 2 , When cells do not have to idle for about a month to fully charge and discharge to maintain the capacity of the battery, this time you should be concerned about the battery should exercise the body and not be left idle after the re-charging.
2. Even if the Laptop battery "unfortunate" was once again charging, the loss will not be long without the battery than the decline in the number of electricity.
3. Your data than you or even your laptop batteries are much more rare, sudden power not only to your notebook harm, irreparable data is also too late to the regret.
4, need a long-term preservation of battery power? »
Read clearly on the table below: (percentage of the time the initial value of the relative saturation point percentage)
Storage temperature of 40% charge state 100 percent state of charge
0 degrees 98 percent (a year later) 94% (a year later)
25 degrees 96 percent (a year later) 80% (a year later)
40 degrees 85 percent (a year later) 65% (a year later)
60 degrees 75 percent (a year later) 60% (3 months later)
Obviously, if long-term preservation of the battery, as far as possible on the dry and low-temperature environment so that the remaining battery power in about 40 percent is ideal. Of course, the best month to come up with to use a battery, the battery can guarantee a good state of preservation, not to complete loss of power and damage the battery.
5, in how to use the notebook as far as possible the extension of the time it »
1. Lowering screen brightness. However, large-screen LCD power consumption, can effectively reduce the brightness of the extended use of time.
2. PowerPlay and open the SpeedStep power-saving function, and so on. Now the notebook and display processor chips have lower operating frequency and voltage to extend the use of the function of time, open its options can greatly extend notebook battery life.
3. The use of hard disk drives and the Jiangsu Software: If NERO DriveSpeed, PowerBooster software can reduce the drive, hard disk drives, such as the speed, can effectively reduce the power consumption notebook.
4. Make the best use of standby, sleep and other functions. When a longer time without the computer, allowing notebook standby or hibernation, saving power and extend the life of the computer.
Want to help you
Of course, the above-mentioned five areas only users often encounter the situation and the general users confuse the issue of comparison. For notebook battery maintenance this topic, as you believe you will find that the use of the more problems, but also with the continuous development of notebook computers, perhaps now you see the problem in future laptops may no longer be Problem
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Laptop battery problem
Do not have to worry too much